As the Director of Advertising – Customer Acquisition you are a key member of the Marketing & Advertising Leadership team and you’ll function as the “COO” for a robust internal advertising team that manages millions of dollars in ad spend every month. You likely won’t be buying traffic yourself but you will oversee and guide a team of more than a dozen media buyers, project managers, and administrators. You will work hand-in-hand with our dedicated partner representatives at Google and Facebook (among others) to improve paid advertising effectiveness and you will seek new strategic partnerships that will help our Acquisition program continue to grow and thrive. Internally and externally, we attract some of the smartest folks in the business, and they’ll look to you for insights, direction, structure, and purpose.
As a proven growth marketing and advertising leader, you have a strong business acumen and
a deep understanding of performance KPIs. You also live and breathe all things digital advertising and you have experience supporting a growing team as it pursues ambitious targets.
You can spot opportunities in “the data”, communicate a vision for growth, and — through your
team — run customer-acquisition campaigns profitably, at scale, across numerous advertising
You are the right candidate for this role if you equally value:
• Seeing patterns in performance data + taking action on those insights
• Developing and guiding talented, driven A-players to row in the same direction toward a common purpose
The Director of Advertising – Customer Acquisition’s primary day-to-day duties, and responsibilities will include:
• Oversight & management of the Customer Acquisition team at large (strategic direction, priority management, professional development, etc)
• Recruiting, vetting, hiring, onboarding, and developing new team members and external partners (agencies, affiliates)
• Compiling and analyzing team performance metrics and KPIs in order to spot opportunities (or risks), coach team members, and present recommendations to the leadership team
• Managing team inventory projections and daily/weekly caps and coordinating with the inventory management team
• Liaise/collaborate/coordinate with other teams & departments to “clear the path” for our media buyers
• Represent the Customer Acquisition team on cross-functional efforts / cross-departmental meetings
• Participate / lead practice of extensive competitor and industry analysis and idea generation (ad groups, industry news, conferences) distilled and shared with the rest of the team